Deaf Sports & Recreation Queensland
Deaf Sports & Recreation Queensland (DSRQ) provides opportunities for, and encourages deaf and hard of hearing people in sports and recreation – we organise events with state level organisations to provide sports and recreational activities for deaf and hard of hearing people, and to facilitate learning new skills for our pathways to Australia Deaf Games and Deaflympics. DSRQ organised social, recreation and sports for Queenslanders since 1955. We support people with a range of hearing loss
- Deaf people who use Auslan.
- Hard of hearing people.
- Deaf people with other disabilities.
- Child of Deaf Adults (CODAs).
- Parents of Deaf Child
Because the scope of the Deaf Community includes service providers, professional people and education, we work with these people to provide equal access and participation for all deaf stakeholders. Some of the ways we support our members are by:
- providing sport, recreation, and school programs and services delivered by our staff and experienced volunteers; and
- We also play a vital role in the community, educating people about involving people with hearing loss in all activities, and encouraging stakeholders to include people with hearing loss in sports and social activities.